The Resources I Use And Recommend
The three most popular questions I receive via email or on my site are either 1) how to start blogging and 2) how can I work with you and 3) what resources I use to run TrishJones.com
This resource page is designed to share the products and services that I have personally used and highly recommend, or continue to use on my site.
One thing I dislike is complexity and online, complexity seems to equal intelligence. Me? I just want simple every time and my dedication to you is to give you simple. That doesn’t mean it won’t require work, but it does mean with some help, you can do it.
So here we go, here are some of the resources I use to simplify my life and business …
Lead Capture Software
- Thrive Leads: Used in conjunction with Thrive Themes (see below), it’s easier than ever to turn your WordPress blog into an automatic lead generation powerhouse, without the monthly cost of similar software. Thrive Leads is versatile and easy to use.
- 22Social: When it comes to capturing leads via Facebook, naturally you’ll want to be where your prospects are hanging out … on Facebook itself. And 22Social gives you the opportunity to leverage Facebook as the world’s largest person registry to build your own list and secure your ability to quickly connect and promote your offers anytime you want – without worry.
- WordPress: Every site I build for myself and my clients is built with WordPress, simply because it’s the most versatile and easy to use Blog Publishing Platform available. It’s also free and you’ll find a myriad of free training videos online to get you up and running. Ensure you go to the .org site, not the .com site.
- Pressive: I discovered Thrive Themes this year (2015) and fell into love with their content builder. It’s the only theme that captured my attention since I began using StudioPress in 2009.
- StudioPress (Genesis Framework): StudioPress have an excellent range of WordPress themes and I’ve personally been using StudioPress since 2009 to build my own and other client sites. Their support is A1 and the community forum is excellent.
- Traffic Planet Hosting: Name one of the big web hosts and I’ve probably used them, but not one of them beat the speed I get from the Traffic Planet Hosting servers. Apart from their outstanding customer service, Traffic Planet Hosting is optimised specifically for WordPress. They will even migrate your site from another server, free of charge.
Products and Membership Sites
- Kajabi: If you want to hide your content behind a password protected page, and even if you want a website that looks and feels professional, I cannot recommend Kajabi enough. Ask any of my clients from the past ten years plus, and they will tell you that I never recommend hosting your site on a proprietary platform … at least not until now. This is also the perfect solution for anyone who considers themselves a technophobe. I’m currently using Kajabi for my membership site as well as my programs / courses.
Video Capture and Screencasts
- Screenflow: If you’re on a Mac, this is the best screen recording, screencapture and editing software out there. It’s what I’ve been using to create tutorials for my clients since 2010 when I switched from PC to a Mac
- Camtasia: There is a PC and Mac version of the software, though having been a user of Camtasia for PC for many years and loved it, I highly recommend you just stick with Screenflow if you’re a Mac user. My experience is that the Mac version of Camtasia is somewhat limited.
- Jing: This is a free screenshot and screencast software by Techhsmith, the developers of Camtasia and it’s available for PC and Mac. You can record for a maximum of 5 minutes, but it’s great for sending mini tutorials to your clients.
- Aweber: This is a sequential email autoresponder service that allows you to capture names and email addresses so that you can keep your readers updated via email, and promote your products and services to your readers online.
- Libsyn: Whatever you do, you do not want to host your audio files on a standard shared hosting, or even VPS server. Libsyn offers the best, most complete podcast hosting and publishing services available at very affordable prices.
- SamCart: This is much, much more than just a shopping cart and this is the only reason I a) recommend it and b) use it for my own business. SamCart makes upsells, downsells, PDF downloads and the customer buying experience easy and enjoyable.
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are my affiliate links. I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase via any of those links, and there is no additional cost to you. I recommend these companies because I believe they provide great products that will benefit you and your business. Please only purchase these products if you feel the same.